Residents looking to manage their cholesterol and blood pressure are invited to an information session to better understand their heart health.
Heart Wise is a free, three-hour group session offered by Alberta Health Services. Nutrition and food services professionals will share their expertise and guide interactive discussions that can help individuals manage their heart health.
Heart Wise will be held Nov. 15 from 9 a.m. to noon in the conference room of the Sylvan Lake Community Health Centre, 4602 49 Ave. Please call 1-877-314-6997 for more information or to register.
Participants will learn about:
• High blood pressure: its causes, risk factors and complications.
• High cholesterol: its causes, risk factors and complications.
• Heart healthy diets and lifestyle choices.
• How to measure blood pressure.
• Setting goals to live better.
The session is open to anyone interested in developing a healthier lifestyle and recommended for residents diagnosed with high blood pressure and/or high cholesterol, or people diagnosed with risk factors, such as diabetes or a family history of heart disease.