Successful

Rotary members Jack Van Delden, Paul Ventura and Scott McDermott were among the volunteers who initialed lap cards

Skate-a-thon fundraiser

Rotary members Jack Van Delden, Paul Ventura and Scott McDermott were among the volunteers who initialed lap cards during the Rotary Club of Sylvan Lake’s skate-a-thon sessions held in November. The event helps many groups raise money for their programs. Involved this year were hockey teams, Brownies, Guides and the newly formed Sylvan Lake Rotary Interact Club.

Overall the skate-a-thon raised about $20,000, said coordinator Marla Maher. Rotary received 25 per cent for organizing the event and donated that money to KidSport. The other 75 per cent went to the participating groups.

The top teams were Dynamite 2 Lakers raising $2,765.50; Peewee Boys AA Lakers raising $2,570 and Atom AA Lakers raising $2,108.75. Top fundraisers were Tyson Tisdale ($550), Heath White ($420) and Ethan Weberg ($390).

Just Posted

Rural crime task force results released at Agri-Trade luncheon

Report cites problems with police not being able to keep up with crime and justice system issues

Sylvan Lake students prepare for ‘Almost, Maine’ production

H.J. Cody presents ‘Almost, Maine’ from Nov. 21 to Dec. 1

Yuletide Festival returning to Sylvan Lake to kick of the holiday season

The fun filled festival will be held at the NexSource Centre, Nov. 30 and Dec. 1.

Sylvan Lake ranked 10th most dangerous city in Canada, according to Maclean’s

Officials with the Town say it is important to contextualize what the statistics actually mean

PHOTOS: H.J. Cody students remember during Remebrance Day service

Students and community members gathered together to remember and honour veterans

VIDEO: Marvel Comics’ Stan Lee dies

Marvel co-creator was well-known for making cameo appearances in superhero movies

VIDEO: Newcomer kids see first Canadian snowfall

Children arrived in Canada with their mother and two siblings last week from Eritrea

Calgary 2026 leader expects close vote in Winter Games plebiscite

Residents to choose in a non-binding vote on Tuesday whether they want city to bid on 2026 Olympics

Feds dropped ball with WWI anniversary tributes: historians

Wrote one historian: ‘Other than the Vimy Ridge celebration … I think they have done a very bad job’

Sides ‘far apart’ in Canada Post talks despite mediation, says union

The lack of a breakthrough means rotating strikes will resume Tuesday

Feds’ appeal of solitary confinement decision in B.C. to be heard

Judge ruled in January that indefinite such confinement is unconstitutional, causes permanent harm

Nunavut urges new plan to deal with too many polar bears

Territory recommends a proposal that contradicts much of conventional scientific thinking

Tentative deal reached in NHL concussion lawsuit

More than 100 former players accused the league of failing to better prevent head trauma

Grim search for more fire victims; 31 dead across California

More than 8,000 firefighters battled wildfires that scorched at least 1,040 square kilometres

Most Read