After an exhaustive investigation into an incident in July during which shots were fired in a convenience store parking lot after a traffic dispute, Red Deer RCMP have charged 29 year old Mathew Duda of Red Deer and are searching for him on Alberta-wide warrants.
Mathew Joseph Duda has been charged with:
- · Criminal Code 244.2(1) – Discharge firearm with intent
- · Criminal Code 249.1(1) – Operate motor vehicle while being pursued by police
- · Criminal Code 117.01(1) – Possession of weapon contrary to prohibition order
- · Criminal Code 88(1) – Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
- · Criminal Code 86(1) – Careless use of a firearm
- · Criminal Code 95(1) – Possession of prohibited firearm with ammo without license
- · Criminal Code 94(1) – Possession of firearm/ ammunition in motor vehicle
- · Criminal Code 259(4) – Driving while disqualified X 2
- · TSA 54(1)(a) – Drive uninsured motor vehicle X 2
Mathew Duda is described as Caucasian, 6’1” tall, 155 lbs, short brown hair and brown eyes. Please see attached photo of Duda.
The public is advised not to approach Mathew Duda if he is seen. If you see Mathew Duda or have information about his whereabouts, contact Red Deer RCMP immediately at 403.343.5575. If you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1.800.222.8477 or report it online at www.tipsubmit.com.