Electrical cord cause of fire

The cause of a fire which completely destroyed a house northeast of Sylvan Lake on Nov. 8 has been determined.

The cause of a fire which completely destroyed a house northeast of Sylvan Lake on Nov. 8 has been determined.

Fred Millar, Lacombe Regional Fire Services Coordinator, said the fire was traced to a damaged electrical cord on a lamp.

Firefighters from Sylvan Lake and Red Deer County spent about four hours quelling the blaze which was reported about 1:40 p.m. Fire tankers from the City of Red Deer, City of Lacombe, Blackfalds and Lacombe County were also used to ferry water to the fire from a hydrant in Sylvan Lake.

Millar estimated damage from the blaze at about $750,000 for the house and contents.