A fire northeast of Sylvan Lake early Sunday morning is under investigation, according to Red Deer County District Fire Chief Dave Laurin.
Sylvan Lake firefighters received the call just before 2 a.m. and found a garage and chicken coop fully engulfed in flames when they arrived at 39042 Range Road 11 (north of Highway 11A). The structure was completely destroyed.
There were no vehicles or chickens in the building however it did contain a propane gas tank. Several smaller propane tanks were outside the back of the burning building.
Firefighters were on the scene for about three hours.