At 7:30 a.m. on May 9, RCMP responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle parked and running in the Highland Green area. On arrival, police determined the Chevrolet Silverado was stolen and arrested the man inside the truck without incident.
The suspect was wanted on a warrant, and was also found to be breaching several court-imposed conditions at the time of his arrest.
Police also seized a loaded rifle from the truck. The vehicle had been reported stolen out of Sylvan Lake on May 7.
32-year-old Tyler Joseph Shaw faces the following charges in addition to his outstanding warrant:
- · Criminal Code 355(b) – Possession of stolen property under $5,000
- · Criminal Code 92(1) – Possession of firearm while knowing possession was prohibited
- · Criminal Code 88(1) – Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
- · Criminal Code 117.01(1) – Possession of firearm while prohibited by court order
- · Criminal Code 117.01(1) – Possession of ammunition while prohibited by court order
- · Criminal Code 145(5.1) – Fail to comply with condition
- · Criminal Code 145(3) – Fail to comply with conditions X 3
- · TSA 94(2) – Drive while unauthorized
- · TSA 52(1)(a) – Drive without registration
- · TSA 54(1)(a) – Drive without insurance
Shaw was remanded, and will make his first court appearance in Red Deer on May 12, at 9:30 a.m.