During their regular council meeting on Nov. 13, Sylvan Lake councillors:
• agreed to partner with the Spirit of Sylvan Yuletide Festival committee for a maximum of two years, through the town’s waiver of the cost of the facility rental for the arena and multiplex, provide insurance coverage under the Town of Sylvan Lake’s policy as an event of the town, and waive the cost of advertising in the town’s community program guide.
Ron Lebsack, the town’s director of leisure and protective services, in his written report, stated the town has undertaken a similar partnership with other groups in the past to assist in establishing an event.
• proclaimed the week of Nov. 18-25 as Restorative Justice Week in town.
• cancelled their Dec. 24 meeting. Council typically cancels two meetings per year, one in the summer and the second meeting in December, wrote Marilee Littmann in her report to council.
• appointed Richard Backs to Sylvan Lake Lodge Foundation for a two year term. Town staff contacted him and he indicated he’d neglected to return his application form in time for the organizational meeting in October but wished to be reappointed. There’s still one citizen vacancy on the board.
• approved circulating the proposed 2013 budget to the public for input with final approval to occur at the Dec. 10 council meeting.