Notice of Public Hearing for Bylaw 1881/2023
The Town is considering an amendment to the Land Use Bylaw #1695/2015, which is a bylaw that regulates the use of land and development of buildings within the Town. The amendment include updates that improve clarity in various sections and ensures that the Land Use Bylaw is consistent with the Municipal Government Act. Additional amendments include updates to the Recreation Facility District intended to streamline the approval process for RV, Park Models and accessory buildings in condominium recreation parks, and the introduction of an Animal Services – major as a discretionary use under the Light Industrial (I1) District which allows for overnight accommodation of pets and outdoor enclosures, runs and pens.
How to Attend
• Monday, July 10, 2023, at 6:00 PM
• Council Chambers, Municipal Government Building
• 5012 48 Avenue, Sylvan Lake, AB
How to Make Comments
All submissions become public information.
• Attend the meeting in person or
• Provide a written submission by 12:00 PM, Monday, July 10, 2023:
o By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
o By dropping off a copy to at the Municipal Government Building at 5012 48th Avenue, Sylvan Lake
• Written submissions must include:
o Your full name and address
o The bylaw number (1881/2023) in the subject line of your email or letter
View the Bylaw
• Visit: www.sylvanlake.ca/public-hearings
• View a copy at the Municipal Government Building
More information or questions?
• Contact Trina Lamanes, Senior Planner
• 403 887 1185 Ext 243 | email@example.com